Wednesday 8 July 2009

A good day :)

so... i had a well good day today:)


realised last night when trying to ring the banks in england to continue sorting out my card jazz that my free week contract thingie had run out and i had to go pay for the rest of the month grr ..so didnt get through bummer..



so anyway that was my plan for today ..go pay for the phone and job hunt..i had an early night because iv been sooo tired lately. But this morning about 8.45 i heard a knock on the window, it was steve from upstairs. Id totally forgotten id said we'd go drive round half the island, but at least it got me up early. Btw steve is the retired guy who helped me with my suitcase, he's from Michigan but moved here after his divorce and his 25 yr old son lives here too. So he invited me up for breakfast and showed me around the rest of the building. Okay so first .. he made corned beef hash omelet with cheese ...i was like woooah this is random..but it tasted pretty good. secondly the building was coooool....they had this japanese style bathroom with some walk in square bath thing .. and the views were awesome. Sooo we set off round the island.. we stopped off at a few of the more secluded beaches and the famous Hanauma bay which was beautiful. It was also pretty amazing when we went deeper into the island, everything was green and foresty.


Hanuama Bay



Me a bit wind sweapt and Steve


Oooh yeah, before that steve took me to where he works. The Waikiki Yacht club, he introduced me to everyone and we bumped into the owner.. he said he had a meeting but hed chat to me after. Anyway i got an application form and true to his word we sat and had a chat afterwards, he was super friendly and had masses of silver hair. He said that hed ask around and find me some work and told me to give steve my application when its done. So fingers crossed, everythings sorta difficult with the job thing as im still waiting for my bloomin Social Security number. But yeah hopefully in a few weeks ill be working at cold stone creamery and the Yacht club..it was so cool their too full of expensive boats and rich (but extremely friendly) people.









Sooo after going round the Island we headed back, Steve said his sister owns a cleaning business and hed mention me to her to see if he could get me a few hours. To be honest i didnt expect anything to come of it but a later that night one of Steves flatmates came down and asked me to ring Steve.. so i did. He then gave me his sisters number because she was going to try and sort me out with some work ..so i did. And shes coming to pic me up at 7:30 on friday to sort out what ill be doing. So that should be some pocket money, again fingers crossed shes cool about the whole social security thing... i soooooo need the money right now.




I know iv put a lot of the foresty photos up but it was sooo pretty




Ooooh aand when i went to get my phone sorted i started talking to the guy and he said if i give out these flyers and put my name at the bottom... every person that goes in with one that has my name on ill get 5 dollars..so gna go do that tomorow before going to the beach.


Sooo i had a good day today, although i have an insect bite on my bum and its reeeaaaaally annoying lol.

And already i cant help but think.. i want to come back and visit all the people iv met here again.. i want to live here for the summer again (although ill this may be a bit premature..i could end up hating it here pah) but then i want to go all these other places and have other experiences.. i dont wana get attached to the first place i properly visit..even if it is Hawaii. So not really sure what ill do.. but i think ill be having a hard decision on my hands next year. Hmmm.. well all i can say is..if anyones reading this and you've ever even remotely conciderd coming Hawaii...do it ... its amazing in so many expected and unexpected ways..and more importantly..i have never been ANYWHERE where the people are as friendly and helpfull and kind as they are here..ever lol


Anywho less of the ranting... i hope your all good and your all having a good summer... keep me updated with stuff from back home too ..id like that :)


So Mahalo for now and hope ya like the piccies

x

1 comment:

Abbi said...

ash bash bosh! its all grey and rainyy up north! infact im sat by the window watching the rain as we speak!

your pictures are awesomeee.. i need to figure out how to become a follower or whatever its called!
but anyways you havnt missed much! im gna go read through the rest of your entriess.. ill comment agin soon :)

abs
xx